December 7, 2008

REFLECTION

Bitter cold winter weekends in PA leave a lot of time to think and/or reflect. It's in the 20's here with a light dusting of snow on the grass and trees. People all over are getting ready for the holiday. My Moms house sits next to a Christmas Tree farm so people have been up and down the long drive all weekend. Cutting, dragging, and securing their dream tree on their vehicles, and did I mention FREEZING! I must admit upfront I have never been a holiday person. I know BA-HUM-BUG....blah, blah, blah. Today the house is being decorated and I would rather do anything else then help decorate. However the alternative is to go outside.
No Thank You! As I type this I am sitting at the computer with a wool sweater, wools socks and a ski hat on, pathetic I know. Thus my love of HOT Mediterranean weather.


Back to Reflection.
Over the years I have written down several quotes that have spoken to my soul.
I'd like to share some with you.

1996:

"There is a luxury in being quiet in the heart of chaos."-virginia wolf

"Sometimes it takes years to really grasp what has really happened to your life."
-william rudolph

"To sense when it's time to go is so hard-to leave a secure thing, a loving thing." "But that's what'll preserve the friendship. If you go past that time, you sacrifice it....." "But it's hard.
It is so hard."-lili taylor

2003

"Love your incredibly unique life, it is very short."-john olm

"Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my cham friends."-25th hour

"Hope and imagination are only consolations for the disappointments and sorrows of experience."-italo calvino

"The earth turned to bring us closer it turned on itself and in us until it finally brought us together in this dream." - 21grams

200?

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye but only a few will catch your heart pursue those."-unknown

2008

"Like a compass needle that points north, a man's accusing finger always finds a woman." "Always"-khaled hosseini

And my newest favorite - -

"Deliver me from him who does not tell the truth unless he stings,and from the man of good conduct and bad intentions, and from him who acquires self-esteem by finding fault in others."-kahlil gibran

The tree has arrived, Blue Spruce, and it smells amazing..........


No comments: